What makes people pin articles on Pinterest? Normally it’s because the content is fantastic or the picture is a “bobby dazzler” as we say in England. But what makes one article wildly popular and others, of equal quality, overlooked? I wish I knew (I’d be worth a pretty penny or two) but in all honesty it’s a mystery to me, and yet it’s a great gauge of the popularity of the content.
For the last year I’ve been squirreling away high quality content on writing and publishing, and storing my little nuggets of gold in Pinterest. I’d wondered which of all these gems were most popular, as identified by repins, but until recently there were few ways to find out. Then those lovely bods at Pinterest launched their Analytics a program that delves into statistics of Pins. So now I know which of the pins my followers like best and can share them with you.
Writing Tips: 10 Most Pinned Articles on Writing from my Pinterest Feed
The following ten articles cover a wide range writing tips on writing, publishing and book promotion. To see my Pinterest boards click here.
- Short Stories: 10 Tips For Creative Writers
- 7 Questions To Make Sure Your Plot Has Believable Consequences
- 10 Tips On Writing Characters With Accents
- 3 Fun Ways To Unlock Your Imagination
- Is It Worth Writings? How To Critique Your Ideas
- The Best And Hardest Part Of Being A Writer Is “The Undoing”
- Pinterest Growth: The Best Kept Secret For Growing Your Pinterest Following And Gaining Repins
- How To Write A Novel In 100 Days Or Less
- Researching Your Novel
- Self-Publishing Stumbling Blocks (And 27 Ways To Get You Back On Your Feet)
Articles on Writing and Self-Publishing: My Personal Recommendations
I’ve found a few articles that I would personally like to recommend as they offer exceptional advice on marketing your book.
- Become An Amazon Kindle Bestseller (with a book that takes 2 weeks to write)
- [Kindle Launch] Behind the Scenes of a 20,000 Download Book Launch
If you’d like to know more about Pinterest I recommend the following books:
Pinterest is the fastest-growing social media platform, with more than 80 percent of its users women between the ages of 25 and 54. Learn to reach this desirable market by following the advice in this step-by-step, task-based guide! It explains Pinterest’s unique appeal and fundamentals, then shows how to develop a strategic marketing plan, set up an account, curate winning content, find followers, and track and monitor Pinterest traffic
Start Marketing NOW on the World’s Fastest-Growing Website!
As a marketer, you can’t afford to ignore this amazing new platform.
Why should you start marketing right now on Pinterest? In a word: MORE. You’ll drive more traffic, get more customers, and make more money than ever! Pinterest Power provides all the tools, tips, and strategies you need to get going–right now, the right way.
Well that’s it for now – I hope you find these writing tips as useful as I have. Let me know your favourites in the comments section below.