It’s been a crazy week on social media which is great because it means I can bring you more articles on writing, self publishing and book marketing. This week’s collection includes a fabulous article by Jody Hedlund on “How to become a successful author”, an exploration of how one author earned $450k from Amazon, and the opening of a self publishing only bookstore.
So with no further ado let’s dive into the top 20 articles. As normal go grab a beverage of your choice and enjoy the collective wisdom of our writing brethren as voted by 7k+ of your writing colleagues. You’re in for a treat.
20 Most Popular Writing Marketing and Self Publishing Articles – Week 25
1. Author, Jody Hedlund: How To Become an Amazingly Successful Author – http://bit.ly/1E8NJOP
2. How I Landed A Literary Agent & What You Can Learn From It: Renée Ahdieh – http://bit.ly/1IEvr7P
3. Amazon Pays $450,000 A Year To This Self-Published Writer – http://onforb.es/1EdlRLf
4. Why Animated GIFs Belong in Your Content Marketing Mix – http://bit.ly/1yPxTbh
5. First Bookstore Dedicated to Self-Published Authors Opens in Florida – http://bit.ly/1zIwSNu
6. The Best Content Marketing Tools for Efficient Marketers – http://bit.ly/1yPyc5W
7. Self-Publishing Genius – Packaged in 20 Awesome Articles – http://bit.ly/1DnFZV8
8. When to Discard the Three-Act Story Structure – http://bit.ly/1ODm5La
9. 7 Tips for Metadata Magic for Self-Publishers via @BookWorksNYC – http://t.co/ecjD6bEmoy
13. Secrets of Bestselling Indie Authors: Crunching the Data – http://bit.ly/1zopo1L
14. Chance to grab “Learn Scrivener Fast” course (amongst loads of others) for only $19 – http://bit.ly/1OU1PFr
15. Famous Writers on the Creative Benefits of Keeping a Diary – http://bit.ly/1DgNImH
17. 3 Pitfalls to Avoid While Writing a Book http://bit.ly/1G4DyaK
18. Novel Rocket: 5 Ways to Take Your Story From Meh to Marvelous http://bit.ly/1HhsU6a
19. 5 ways to get publicity for your book – BookBaby Blog http://bit.ly/1HhlPTg
20. Organization In Writing Drafts: http://t.co/CffLx91IXC
Well that’s the articles for the week – if you found them useful check out last week’s here. Also please send me any articles you’d like me to include in my social feed and who know’s next week you may hit the top 20 – send links to the articles for inclusion to email@example.com
Just a quick note for those writers out there who’d like to learn a little more about the craft of writing or the business side of self-publishing. Udemy are currently offering many of their courses for just $19 – the courses are great and well worth checking out. For Novel Experience readers just add the code ‘FUTURE1199′ at checkout – the course will be charged at $19 which, on most of the courses, represents a whopping discount. But make certain that you purchase the course before the offer expires on 29th April 2015 at 11.59 PST.
Bye for now….