I’m back in England – enjoying mild summer sun instead of the scorching African summer I left behind in Cairo, which means I’m able to write this post from the peace of a English cottage garden with the thrushes and blackbirds serenading me whilst the wood pigeons work industriously to build a safe home for their future nestlings.
It’s odd coming back to your country after a prolonged absence it takes a period to adjust to the culture. Everyone here are grumbling about the heat whilst I’m feeling it’s chilly and suddenly my brain is under attack, or at least that’s how it feels, by a torrent of conversations around me that I understand. Living in Cairo, with only a basic grasp of Arabic, I’m able to turn off background conversations around me & anyone talking in English is talking directly to me so my brain is programmed to listen to every word of English but here my brain understands everything and it’s exhausting. It always takes a week or so for that sensory overload to calm down again. It’s those things that you don’t expect when you first move overseas.
Well my change in location hasn’t impacted the quality of the articles put out into the ether this week by our writing brethren so grab a drink and dive into the bevy of articles that my social media friends loved this week – great writing advice from writers you can trust…
20 Most Popular Writing, Self Publishing And Marketing Articles – Week 34
1. 5 Best Writers’ Retreats of All Time | Grammarly Blog – http://bit.ly/1eJ1zON
2. My Book Deal Moment by Julia Kelly – http://bit.ly/1FD4620
5. The 4 Hidden Dangers of Writing Groups – http://bit.ly/1e5bDAQ
6. Scientific Speed Reading: How to Read 300% Faster in 20 Minutes: – http://bit.ly/1GA4U8F
7. 20 Breathtaking Articles on Writing and Self-Publishing a Book – http://bit.ly/1GvMt4Z
8. DIY Book Covers for the Self Publishing-Inclined Part 2 – http://bit.ly/1TOZ8Ku
9. Is Your Self-Published Ebook in the Library? SELF-e Is Ready To Help – Where Writers Win – http://bit.ly/1SN98m3
11. 5 Ways To Motivate Yourself to Write – Writer’s http://bit.ly/1Lr1uvz
14. Happy Thoughts: Here Are the Things Proven To Make You Happier – http://ti.me/1GeniEV
15. Storyville: Writer’s Block—Where It Comes From, and How to Break Through – http://bit.ly/1e5lQ03
16. Long Story Short: 10 Tips for Trimming an Overly Long Novel Down to Size – http://bit.ly/1eJdPPg
17. How the Writing Community Shaped Me – http://bit.ly/1e5yuMK
18. How to Build a Book Audience | Now Novel – http://bit.ly/1fEM2Qb
19. Writing advice: Show, don’t tell: or should you? – http://bit.ly/1LekVIV via Bridget-Now Novel
20. Top 10 Magazines for Poets and Writers – Write a Writing – http://bit.ly/1SNaU6H
Well that’s this week’s writing advice from writers – if you enjoyed this compilation, collated by Novel Experience, you’ll enjoy last week’s too – check it out here or check out the whole back catalogue here.
If you’d like me to submit one of your articles, or if you’ve read a great article and would like to share it with my other readers, drop me a line at email@example.com and, as long as it’s relevant, I’ll send it out and who knows maybe you’ll be included in next week’s top 20. Or, alternatively, you could just share it in the comments below.
Bye for now…