Authors are always searching for the magic key that unlocks the mystery of marketing. Everyone dreams of becoming the next Dan Brown or James Patterson. I’m a marketer who’s honing my skills as an author but most authors aren’t so lucky, so it’s no surprise that this week’s top two articles are about marketing and marketing platforms.
It’s a little odd for me that so many people are baffled by marketing because at the end of the day it’s very simple. Know your audience, create a product that they’ll love and value, and nurture your relationship with them. It’s not difficult as long as you have a clear understanding of who your audience is and, as most writers are also ferocious consumers of their own genre, you should understand where they hang out, what they like and how to capture their attention because they are the same as you.
Don’t Let Fear Paralyse You
I personally think the biggest marketing problem facing writers today is the fear of marketing itself. This fear paralyses writers from just getting on with it. These articles will give you some great ideas and advice…. as Nike says – Just do it.
Anyway on with the meat of the article – so as always go grab a drink and sit back and enjoy what’s on offer this week from our writing brethren. You’re in for a treat.
20 Writing Tips: Improve your Writing and Book Marketing Skills (Wk22)
1. 5 Reasons Every Independent Author Should Have a Website http://t.co/UzdokXHCEG
2. “18 Book Marketing Experts Reveal Secrets That Boost Recognition, Get New Readers, and Increase Sales” http://bit.ly/1BJhP6E
4. Improve your writing productivity and other tips via Blog Carnival http://bit.ly/1aaZTeF
5. Twitter For Writers – Proof That It Works http://bit.ly/1F9wLyO
6. A Survivor’s Guide to Writing http://bit.ly/1Gfp63E
7. 20 Writing Tips: Improve your writing & book selling skills http://bit.ly/1HfTZ6k
9. Find True Fans and Rabid Readers With Social Media http://bit.ly/1EqtAFa
11. The Essential Reading List for Growth Hackers: 15 Experts to Follow http://bit.ly/1y2MUkh
12. A great post at The Book Designer http://bit.ly/1Hf3vXe including something by little old me – check it out.
17. BookTrack: Why Soundtracks For Books Are Great For Readers And Authors http://bit.ly/1HeGe7P
18. The Secret Dreamworld of an Aspiring Author – Always Going Forward http://bit.ly/1FCAyqS
19. How Will Amazon’s New Reviews Affect You? http://bit.ly/1Hz68D6
20. How to Make a Book Perma-Free on Amazon http://bit.ly/1DVufye
If you enjoyed this listing check out last week’s 20 most popular articles on writing – here.
What are the best articles that you’ve read this week? Have you got any articles that you’ve written that you’d to submit to my social media followers next week? If so, drop me a line with a link to the article at email@example.com and, as long as it’s on topic, I’ll send it out and who knows maybe next week you’ll be included in the top 20 articles on writing, self-publishing and book promotion.
Bye for now.