What makes an article popular? Sometimes I write something that is packed with useful content and I’m sure it will lift its wings and fly off to find its rightful audience. I’ve worked super hard – polished the headline, filled it with luscious, and appropriate images, and worked my, not insignificant, rear end off. I’m a proud mama waiting for it soar high but it doesn’t, instead it flutters around uncertainly and then plops back down with little aplomb. My baby failed. Other times I write something good, with all the ingredients for success but I wrote it in a hurry and, to be honest, don’t expect much of it. Yet that weakly runt flies and soars, loop the loops and then goes off into orbit. Why? Honestly I’m not certain anyone can really tell you – maybe luck, maybe timing of release, maybe some divine intervention.
This week’s articles soared and orbited into the sphere of 7,000+ writers who loved them and buzzed them up my social media rankings and I must have been doing something right as some of my articles have hit the list.
Here are this week’s most popular articles on writing by some industry titans. As always sit back and enjoy…
1. Writers. Are you leaving money on the table? Maximise your writing income http://bit.ly/1wMBEGW
2. This week’s best articles on writing, self-publishing and book promotion http://bit.ly/1D9Mo7g
3. The ultimate social media resources list for writers http://bit.ly/1Bnf6PI
4. The 100 Best Websites for Writers in 2015 http://bit.ly/1yGGm0b
5. Make a Living Writing: 105 Ways to Make Money Writing http://bit.ly/15mjkxR
6. Indie Author Success Tip #6 – Multiply book income with related products via @nmeunier http://bit.ly/15sVcK3
7. The Self-Publisher’s Ultimate Resource Guide With Joel Friedlander http://bit.ly/1BMPm4z
9. 3 Simple Things You Can Do Today To Improve Your Blog http://bit.ly/1BdDiDY
10. How to Break Up with your Novel : Women Writers, Women’s Books http://bit.ly/1KYspxT
11. Email Marketing or Social Media? Authors Need Both! – Social Media Just for Writers http://bit.ly/1CxQvcK
12. 50 Ways To Murder Your Fictional Characters http://bit.ly/1EWs3DK
13. What makes a great BookShop page? http://bit.ly/15w1top
14. The 9 Most Powerful Blog Promotion Tactics From Top Marketing Experts [Infographic]: http://bit.ly/1BMPzER
15. How to Make an Inspiration Board – Blots & Plots http://bit.ly/1GSLWjK
16. Warning: make sure your theme isn’t a cliché http://bit.ly/1yH0LSR
17. 7 Effective Ways to Become a Better Writer http://bit.ly/1yMn5Y5
18. How to Use a Blog as the Cornerstone of Your Content Marketing http://bit.ly/15hay45
19. List Building Challenge: Do Market Research http://bit.ly/15syEcz
20. How to Write A Plausible Character – 3 Key Tips http://bit.ly/1BA2WIj
I always love to hear from you so if you have any ideas for articles that I should test this week, or want to put forward one of your own, please drop me a note in the comments section below. As long as the article is on topic and provides value to my readers and followers I’m happy to include it. Don’t be shy – drop me a note.
If you enjoyed this listing check out last week’s 20 most popular articles on writing – here.
Well that’s this week’s top 20 – join me next Monday to see what’s hit the list of most popular articles on writing.
If anything will help to unravel the mysteries of article popularity it’s this book. Written by the men who run one of the most influential blogging advice sites, Darren Rowse & Chris Garrett, this is a veritable treasure-trove of information to help you get your articles trending and souring into the websphere. Check it out
Bye for now…..