It’s been a busy week seeing the New Year in with my house packed to the gunnels with friends and family. With 6 teenage children running wild with excitement, at times I thought my house may collapse – it didn’t and we had a fine time. So first of all I’d like to wish you all a very happy new year full of good health, great writing and prosperity.
Despite it being a week of holidays and partying our community of writers didn’t let us down, still producing a gaggle of great articles for you to explore. So check out the 20 most popular writing articles of last week as defined by the actions of my social media followers.
1. Smashwords: Ebook Publishing Gets More Difficult from Here – Here’s How to Succeed http://bit.ly/1AcI1cp
2. Living the Creative Writing Lifestyle | Writing Forward http://bit.ly/1CoqrEa
3. Going Free – Which Way to Go? – bacon and books http://bit.ly/1zqjtZh
4. 20 Writing Tips: This Week’s Most Popular Writing Articles http://bit.ly/1xtVXMX
5. QueryTracker Blog: Conquering the Cliche http://bit.ly/1ASO8Rk
6. 5 Fast Ways to Write an Ebook http://bit.ly/13Nji1v
7. Unlikely Sources of Writing Inspiration: Architecture Edition http://bit.ly/1CrEk4E
8. 5 Creativity Myths You Probably Believe – 99U http://bit.ly/13s9RnO
9. 3 Tricks to Surviving a Public Speaking Event – WRITERS HELPING WRITERS http://bit.ly/1CrCYH5
10. Plot Driven or Character Driven? http://bit.ly/1vgtSoY
11. The top 10 words invented by writers http://bit.ly/1xFHqQO
12. One Book In Which Gender Doesn’t Matter http://bit.ly/1wfA7bJ
13. The Art of Social Media for Writers http://bit.ly/14836su
14. From Columns, Posts and Scraps into Books http://bit.ly/1zqm7yd
15. If You Don’t Own The Platform, You Don’t Control It Either ⋆ The Digital Reader http://bit.ly/1wfzKht
16. The Write One Blog – How To Self Publish On Kindle – http://bit.ly/1COYTYV
17. Writability: Why Publishing Pros Must Love Your Work http://bit.ly/1zV4ESD
18. Yes, That’s Spam; No, Don’t Do It: How to Avoid Alienating Readers | YAtopia http://bit.ly/16IDBiy
19. 4 Approaches for the First Chapter of Your Novel http://bit.ly/1rdNMEP
20. Commonalities Of Successful Indie Authors Plus A New Way To Find An Editor | The Creative Penn http://bit.ly/1zde07Z
If you enjoyed this listing check out last week’s 20 most popular articles on writing – here.
And a little something extra:
Well that’s the end of the top 20 most popular articles on writing for the week but here’s my recommendation for a great little read.
I’ve been reading a great book over the break – with the aim to speed up my writing speed (think snail-like and then slow it down 100% and you’ve got me). It’s great so I thought I would give it a shout out and share it with those of you who are extremely challenged by speed like me.
Rachael Aaron’s 2k to 10k: Writing Faster, Writing Better, and Writing More of What You Love* is a simple and effective guide showing how she was able to move from 2,000 words per day to an amazing 10,000. With loads of suggestions you can try and a very clear guide to planning, outlining, writing and editing it’s an ideal book for both beginner and professional alike. With 449 reviews on Amazon.com averaging a whopping 4.5 stars I think you can trust this book has great information. Check it out
That’s it for this week folks – bye for now.