This week we have a great article on book formatting, another on the pros and cons of self-publishing versus traditional publishing and some great insights into various ways to improve your book selling skills, amongst many other fabulous articles.
Freedom to Write
I honestly feel as if I should be writing a post entitled ‘101 Places to Write’ after the week I’ve had – where deadlines and other priorities have forced me to write all over the show including:
- In the back of a car as I bounced across the desert fighting to see anything from the glare of bright sunshine on my screen.
- On my knees in a kennel whilst keeping poorly Great Dane company – lesson learnt dogs prefer attention to go to them not laptops. I now have a furry laptop!
- In a field whilst organising a clean up of said field – here in Egypt you have to supervise or else it’s an all-day tea break.
- On my lap in bed – I work much better deep into the night
- On a sun-bed OK that was a lovely one but I had to contend with sun glare again.
It’s taught me a valuable lesson. A writer can write anywhere as long as they want to, or in my case a deadline forces them to.
Anyway enough about my trials let’s see what our writing brethren have served up for our consumption this week….
20 Writing Tips: Improve your writing and book selling skills
1. Traditional or self publishing? Numbers Point The Way. http://bit.ly/1OaOICd
2. 10 Steps to a Successful Book Launch http://t.co/Px1FVGRSJm
3. 10 top tips from a self-publishing survivor http://bit.ly/1Mp7fa0
7. 8 Ways Writers Can Be More Reader-Friendly http://t.co/9uyr8L1t8I
8. Research – Problems? http://bit.ly/1AVSFBv
11. 5 Steps to Successfully Write and Format eBooks for Amazon http://bit.ly/1Fq5klE
12. 10 Tools to Help You to Keep Writing| Write to Done http://bit.ly/1DDdYhf
14. The scariest moment is always just before you start – says Stephen King. I would add – the bravest is to keep on going
15. Unlocking the Narrator’s Point of View – Writer’s Edit http://bit.ly/1BiuWLT
16. A Survivor’s Guide to Writing http://bit.ly/1Gfp63J
17. Your Book’s Inciting Event: It’s Not What You Think It Is – via K.M. Weiland http://bit.ly/1BiBsCC
19. Podcast: Hot Book Sales Tips for Indie Authors – improve your book selling skills http://bit.ly/1aQAQxB
If you enjoyed this week’s articles then check out last week’s great selection – here.
Hey, I’d love for you to submit articles that I can share with my Novel Experience followers – drop me a line at email@example.com and, as long as the articles are on topic, I’ll include them in next week’s feed and maybe you’ll hit the top 20.
Bye for now.