I’m still editing – will it ever end!
Now I’m a very slow writer, I’ve been taking advice and slowly increasing my speed but despite this I’ve allowed myself a little leeway by thinking: Oh well – slowly but surely. I might be slow now but my editing will be far easier as I’ve taken the time to polish as I write.
Well it turns out all I really accomplished was self-foolery and giving myself permission to write slowly because I still have loads of editing and it’s taken me an age to get the book down onto to digital paper. Ho-hum it’s my first book so I guess as long as I learn from the experience then I can chalk it down to inexperience and naivety – or am I fooling myself again….
Needless to say I’ve been referring to the experts to make certain I do the best job possible and I just love the advice provided in:
Self-Editing for Fiction Writers
Although I’m writing both fiction and non-fiction books currently I’ve found the advice provided here really helps across both areas. Well worth checking out if you’re in the process, or about to start, editing.
Improve your writing with this week’s articles
So if you want to improve your writing, editing or any other part of this great writing lark then check out this week’s selection of articles as chosen by more than 8,000 of your writing peers.
Check them out and see what you think….
20 Most Popular Writing, Self Publishing And Marketing Articles – Week 39
2. Take the chance to grab these free background images – A gift from Novel Experience – http://bit.ly/1DQa2p3
3. Why Your Brain Loves Good Storytelling – http://bit.ly/1JACMs9
4. Books on Writing – these are a must have for every writer’s library – http://bit.ly/1DfT4Wc
5. Super charge your writing with these amazing tips – http://bit.ly/1Inmm1d
6. 11 Reasons Why Authors Should PRINT Books Today | Author U – http://bit.ly/1D2t8NW
10. How Not to Get Sued When Writing about Real People – http://bit.ly/1OLl1GU
11. Author Website: Getting Started – http://bit.ly/1Ku2i3O
12. What Makes an Authorpreneur? I Tell My Story — The Book Designer – http://bit.ly/1IpJ0ug
13. The best free images sites for all your design projects – http://bit.ly/1OFtZop
14. 5 simple ways to beat writers block – http://bit.ly/1Mzkg4w
16. Self-Publishing Inspiration: Self-Publishing Saves Family From Financial Ruin – http://bit.ly/1DfUUGA
17. Five Fast Ways To Fix A Story That ‘Goes Wrong’ – http://bit.ly/1IuB9Hj via Dr John Yeoman
19. Self-Editing Tips: 6 Ways to Make Your Editor Stop Yelling At You – http://bit.ly/1MS5h3v
Well that’s this week’s writing advice on the world of writing – if you enjoyed this compilation, collated by Novel Experience, you’ll enjoy last week’s too – check it out here or check out the whole back catalogue here.
If you’d like me to submit one of your articles, or if you’ve read a great article and would like to share it with my other readers, drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org and, as long as it’s relevant, I’ll send it out and who knows maybe you’ll be included in next week’s top 20. Or, alternatively, you could just share it in the comments below.
Bye for now…