I really don’t know where time goes – this week’s flown by like a jet propelled rocket. I’ve been fiddling (optimising sounds better but really I was just fiddling) with my site to try to speed up the download time and it seems doing such mundane pursuits opens a hole in the time continuum sucking away days and all enthusiasm for life! Well at least for me. I’m sure if that’s your thing then it’s very exciting, but spending days to just achieve a 1.5 second improvement isn’t my bag – any ideas as to how to battle this ogre, and win, would be very greatly received at this moment as, frankly, I’m stumped.
Happily our writing community has been spending their time more productively and produced a huge array of fabulous articles this week. As usual this list is based on the actions of my writer followers (all 7k of them) – the more times they like, forward, retweet or plus+1 the article the higher it appears on the list. So have a stroll down this week’s avenue of greatness and check out what the world of writing and self-publishing has to say.
So here are this week’s 20 most popular writing articles:
1. How To Make A Living As An Author. Joanna Penn With Mark McGuinness http://bit.ly/1BWcHwM
2. Mental Illness In Fiction: Getting It Right – Dan Koboldt http://bit.ly/1tORxSt
3. How To Use Scrivener to Plan a Book – Natasha Lester http://bit.ly/1DjXs4S
4. 20 new articles on writing that you don’t want to miss – as defined by 6,000 + writers. http://bit.ly/1C0bxCH
5. The 30 best book covers of 2014 http://bit.ly/1waP1S3
6. Own Your Niche by Becoming An Author — How To Blog A Book http://bit.ly/1xEF03r
7. How to Make a Good Last Names for Characters in a Book: 4 Steps http://bit.ly/1tJssmj
8. World-building: Creating Fictional Cultures – Author J.S. Morin http://bit.ly/1DldH1G
9. How to Be Creative and Find Your Brilliance http://bit.ly/1CuXxPQ
10. Write Books You Love. Think Global. Consider Multiple Streams Of Income http://bit.ly/1AFaruC
11. A Rearview Look at My 2014 Reading List http://bit.ly/1B5xAHT
12. Most Common Writing Mistakes, Pt. 37: Unnecessary Filler http://bit.ly/1xZS6Jh
13. The Only Rule About Backstory That Matters http://bit.ly/1B5x4cY
14. 3 Tips to “Show, Don’t Tell” Emotions and Moods http://bit.ly/1wHkYS1
15. Become a Bestselling Author: This Is Clever http://bit.ly/1BIFftK
16. Picking a Juicy Secret to Jazz Up Your Character – Writingeekery http://bit.ly/1BLNmWL
17. Richard Branson on Finding Your Passion Project: http://entm.ag/1HyAxmd
18. Most Common Writing Mistakes: Weak Character Voice – Helping Writers Become Authors http://bit.ly/1DkBQoZ
19. See How Easily You Can Track Your Character’s Emotional Arc in a Scene http://bit.ly/1ICN9XY
20. Reading for Writers http://bit.ly/1smHvXJ
If you enjoyed this listing check out last week’s 20 most popular articles on writing – here.
Oh and if you’d like to submit any articles on writing, self-publishing or book promotion for consideration then please put a link in the comments below – I’ll try to include it in next batch of feeds, and who knows maybe you will be in this list next week.
Bye for now