I’m preparing to fly back to my homeland today after nearly 6 months in Egypt – I think that’s my longest stay away from the UK ever, other than my time in Bolivia. It’s funny the things you miss from the land of your birth when you live abroad. It’s not really the tangible things (although my cravings for a good old cup of English tea and Marmite on toast have reached epic levels), it’s more the sense of belonging and complete understanding of the culture. I’ve lived in Egypt since 1998, so a fair few years now, I can speak a basic level of Arabic and I love the culture yet I never truly understand the culture and I will never be so completely at ease as I am in my own country.
Anyhow due to my last-minute ninny nature I still have loads to do which means this post will be short and sweet. So jump straight into the amazing collection of articles on writing and self-publishing a book, offered by the writing community this week as selected by your writing brothers-in-arms.
20 Most Popular Writing, Self Publishing And Marketing Articles – Week 33
1. Freya North’s Top 5 Writing Tips – http://bit.ly/1ekA2D2
2. You’re A Bestselling Author? Prove It! – http://bit.ly/1J2cQXd
3. Do you know when to use & em dash & when to use a colon? Learn how. | Grammarly Blog – http://bit.ly/1JS0LnE
4. Medieval Stasis: Why is Fantasy Trapped in the Past – Author J.S. Morin – http://bit.ly/1FkL7ZX
5. The 20-Something Introvert – Inward-Facing Writers – http://bit.ly/1C3htZk
9. Want to Succeed in Self-Publishing? Don’t Do Everything Yourself: Tips from an Indie Author – http://bit.ly/1dIiznp
10. How to Block Out Distractions and Focus on Your Work http://bit.ly/1GKUSGd
11. If you’ve yet to get pops a gift – check out my Ultimate Gift Guide For Writer Dads – http://bit.ly/1fmbGJB
13. Are You an Introvert or an Extrovert Writer? – The Write Practice – http://bit.ly/1KSSMnd
15. Everything You Need to Know About Gender-Neutral Pronouns | Grammarly Blog – http://bit.ly/1R4R3gx
16. How ACX Earnings Work | Author Marketing Institute – http://bit.ly/1SkP8XC
17.Getting Inside Your Characters – http://bit.ly/1J2bjR0
18. Why your novel needs professional editing – BookBaby blog – http://bit.ly/1G0lCyI
19. 38 creative gift ideas for book lovers and writers http://bit.ly/1FZ7BAl
20. 20 instructive articles on the art of writing – http://bit.ly/1JUfAV9 “some real must sees”
If you’d like me to submit one of your articles, or if you’ve read a great article and would like to share it with my other readers, drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org and, as long as it’s relevant, I’ll send it out and who knows maybe you’ll be included in next week’s top 20. Or, alternatively, you could just share it in the comments below.
Bye for now…